Wednesday, September 29, 2010

PLN8

I read “Rapper T.I. arrested on machine gun charges, misses BET show,” a CNN article. This man, Clifford Harris, otherwise known as T.I. paid his bodyguard $12,000 to go and buy him three machine guns, and two silencers. This matters to me, because I don't want some drugged up guy running around shooting off his guns. Harris was born in the projects and proved to a lot of people that you can make success coming from the projects. But he also proved that it’s not that hard going back to his old ways. Harris’s words and actions affect the world and education by being a bad role-model. A lot of kids love Harris’s work, and they idol him; but he goes and shoots a few people, it shows bad reputation, but all the kids still love him, so they want to be like him. This connects to me personally, because I have seen this before, back when I lived in Denver. I saw a guy running down the street with a gun. It really changed the way I view people now.

1 comment:

  1. Riley-

    remember your topic sentence needs to contain the what matters of what you read and why it matters. Make sure to proofread your response before posting as you have some errors. Also, spend time expanding on your points as to how this connects to you, to education, and to the world.Please redo

    ReplyDelete